Why Digital Marketing Matters in A Post-Covid World
Did you know that approximately 93% of all online interactions begin with a search engine? That’s a whopping 121,000 searches happening every second.
What these numbers tell us is this: consumer behavior has changed and the next frontier is digital. Think about it, in a world where people are mostly staying indoors, how do you keep in touch with customers? Through the internet, of course!
Don’t believe us? Just take a look at these three data-driven reasons why you should make digital marketing a priority for 2021.
1. Customer behaviors and expectations have changed.
As the pandemic disrupted how people lived life, they adapted. How consumers spent their time, which platforms they used, and even how they kept in touch with other people all changed to better suit their needs.
This change resulted in a 15-30% increase in online purchases across most product categories and a growing preference for contactless activities according to a 2020 McKinsey study. As if that’s not enough, the second quarter of 2020 also saw a 31.7% YOY increase in the number of app downloads.
This is a testament to the fact that COVID-19 has sped digitization and altered shopping behaviors that has created for us a new “norm” that’s here to stay. So, in order for businesses to keep up, they have to invest in web development and app development that can bring their products closer to consumers in the most efficient and easiest way possible.
2. Digital marketing can yield more ROI versus traditional marketing.
Because of the surge of internet usage, the World Wide Web has become one of the most promising mediums to boost your business visibility and get more sales. With the right content marketing strategies and engagement with your customers, your business can thrive in spite of market uncertainty. All it takes is a solid digital marketing strategy to set you up for success in a post-COVID world.
- Vinny La Barbera, imForza, 8 SEO STATS THAT ARE HARD TO IGNORE. https://www.imforza.com/blog/8-seo-stats-that-are-hard-to-ignore/. Accessed 03 July 2021. https://www.internetlivestats.com/one-second/#google-band. Accessed 03 July 2021 18:59 PHT.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, October 2020, COVID-19 has changed online shopping forever, survey shows. https://unctad.org/news/covid-19-has-changed-online-shopping-forever-survey-shows. Accessed 03 July 2021.
- Sensor Tower, Q2 2020: Store Intelligence Data Digest, page 01.
- https://go.sensortower.com/rs/351-RWH-315/images/Sensor-Tower-Q2-2020-Data-Digest.pdf. Accessed 03 July 2021.
We’ll let the numbers speak for themselves:
- Email marketing has the potential to generate 4,200% or 42 times more ROI. That means for every dollar that you invest in email marketing, you’re likely to yield $42 in return.
- Businesses that utilize content marketing strategies like blogging are 13 times more likely to generate positive ROI.
- Google Ads get an average of $2 earnings for every $1 spending.
The best part about digital marketing? It’s a treasure trove of data that can help you optimize your targeting and strategies better so you can yield the most results and constantly stay on top of your growth.
3. Everyone is on social media.
With over 3.2 billion active users everyday, social media platforms are not to be underestimated. In fact, they’re powerful advertisement channels to promote your products and services. That number right there translates to roughly 42% of the population. So, if you want to reach a greater audience then social media marketing is a must for you.
Gone are the days when social media was just a place for entertainment and personal content. It is now one of the biggest marketplaces and a promised land for strategic business leaders looking for greener and bigger pastures.
DON’T GET LEFT BEHIND AND INVEST IN A DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY TODAY.
As the saying goes, opportunity favors the ready. But realistically speaking, being ready is hard when you don’t know which direction to start. If you’re yet to develop a digital marketing strategy and looking for guidance on how to thrive in a post-pandemic world, then you’re in luck. At J Tech, we make it our mission to help you get digital and we’re good at it.
Send us a message now to get started on crafting a tailor-fit digital market strategy for you.
- Tomas Laurinavicius, April 2021, Mind-Blowing Digital Marketing ROI Statistics (2021). https://lauro.media/blog/digital-marketing-roi-statistics. Accessed 03 July 2021.
- Emarsys, January 2019, Top 5 Social Media Predictions for 2019. https://emarsys.com/learn/blog/top-5-social-media-predictions-2019/. Accessed 03 July 2021.
Find the best SEO agency in Dubai for your business.