SEO Basics: How It Works and How To Improve It
One of the main strategies publishers use to drive traffic to their websites is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is done by using targeted key terms and phrases that users are most likely to type into Google or any search engine. Essentially, the better the SEO strategy, the most likely they’ll rank higher on search engines.
Whether you’re looking to build your digital reach with the help of an SEO agency in Dubai or you’re looking to do it on your own, here are a few things you should know to maximize the power of SEO for your business.
HOW IT WORKS
When users type on Google or Bing to look for something, they receive hundreds of results relevant to their query. They do this by crawling the internet for content, consolidating all the websites on a Search Index based on keywords. Because Google can’t show all those websites at the top at once, the natural order is prioritization, and they filter using the following criteria:
- Does the website contain the keywords the user searched for?
- Is your website frequently visited by users? Websites that have a good number of visits and engagements typically rank faster.
- Is your website visually appealing? Pages with appealing photos are often placed above text-only websites.
- Are you using paid ads? Websites that pay for their spot will naturally rank higher.
IMPROVING YOUR SEO
The majority of business owners looking to up their SEO game want to do it without the extra costs of ads. If you’re looking to improve your website ranking, here are some things you can do:
1. Check your current website ranking
Before anything else, you need to know what you’re working with. You can visit websites like https://www.authoritylabs.com/ and https://seo.co/ to check where your website currently ranks on search engines.
2. Conduct keyword research
The main goal of your keyword research is to look for words, phrases, and search terms that are most likely to bring quality visits to your websites. There are plenty of good SEO tools you can use to see what users are searching for online:
- Google Search Console
- Keywords Planner
3. Take a look at your website’s overall health
Although the phrase “content is king” is tossed around a lot, there’s more SEO than just that. To better improve your SEO ranking, you’ll need to make sure your website’s overall health is good.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Check if your website’s content is original, relevant, authoritative, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Check for broken or expired links in your landing pages.
- Check if your page titles are clear and descriptive.
- Check for duplicate pages.
- Check if all your LPs have meta titles and meta descriptions.
- Check if your URLs are SEO-friendly and have keywords.
- Check if your pages are loading fast enough.
- Check if your web design features appealing aesthetics.
- Check if your website is easy to navigate.
IMPROVE YOUR SEO RANKING
Get tailor-fit SEO strategies for your business from the top SEO company in Dubai. With an over 98% success rate, JTech World follows white-hat and up-to-date Google recommendations for optimal results. Contact us today and let’s discuss how we can boost your website’s organic traffic so you get higher ROI for your business. We offer quality SEO service in Dubai at affordable prices.